Your Guide to Seeing HTC Vive at CES
The HTC Vive will be showcased across a variety of locations at CES including eight simultaneous demos open to the public on a truck that will be running on a first-come, first-served basis from Jan. 6 to 9.
The second Vive developer kit (VK2) will be shown at the truck as well as privately at the Wynn hotel. VRWERX will also be showcasing it at the UploadVR party on Thursday, Jan. 7 with their Paranormal Activity experience, though demos are likely to be very limited by time.
- The Vive truck will be open to the general public at 365 Convention Center Drive in Las Vegas from Jan. 6 to 9 running from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day on a first-come, first-served basis. It will have 8 simultaneous bays showing content with a seated Elite Dangerous demo being shown alongside the room-scale demos.
- Virtuix Omni will have it with its motion platform for walking in VR.
- VirZOOM is showing it with their bike VR experience.
- Alienware is showing “The Lonely Whale” created with Adrien Grenier.
- Intel is showing Vive performances in their booth and in the Las Vegas Convention Center lobby.
- Dassault Systemes will show 3D Dream Sketcher, a CAD program.
- Fox will be demoing The Martian.
- Audi will be showcasing a virtual showroom.
- Also: AMD, CyberPowerPC, Envelop VR, EVGA, HP, HyperX, iBuyPowerPC, MSI, Nidec, Nvidia, and Zotac.
After touring the world much of last year, HTC says its Vive truck at CES is the largest showing of the headset to date. While that means the company should be able to handle a large number of people checking out room-scale VR, we would suggest wearing something warm and getting there early just in case.