A lot of our Rock Band VR coverage thus far has been focused on how the series plays with the Oculus Rift. But, now that the game’s nearly here, we’re wondering exactly what are we going to play too.
We’ve heard a few hits like The Black Keys’ Gold On The Ceiling during hands-on demos, but developer Harmonix has remained coy on the actual setlist for the game thus far. Recently, though, the team revealed the first 21 songs to feature in the game, which we’ve listed below.
It’s a solid list of hits. Veteran Rock Band and Guitar Hero players will likely already be used to tunes like Everlong from the Foo Fighters and Livin’ On A Prayer from Bon Jovi. We also spot Through The Fire And Flame from DragonForce, the band that helped introduce Rock Band VR alongside Oculus’ Palmer Luckey back at the end of 2015.
There are set to be 60 songs in total, so there’s another 39 to be revealed before Rock Band VR hits on March 23rd. You’ll be able to play these songs in the traditional fashion, hitting the correct colored notes on time as they roll down in front of you, but this iteration of the franchise also sports a new style of play that simply asks you to make chord changes of your choosing on time. It’s a more liberating experience that’s designed to make you feel like a rock god when on stage with your band.
To play Rock Band VR you’ll need a guitar controller and an Oculus Touch controller. You’ll also find a plastic stock inside the Touch box that will fit to the end of your guitar so you can render it in game. It’s a little like a Vive tracker with Touch.
- Aerosmith – “Walk This Way”
- Against The Current – “Running With The Wild Things”
- Alice In Chains – “Man in the Box”
- Arctic Horror – “Black Seas”
- AudioDamn! – “Lights Out”
- Avenged Sevenfold – “Beast and the Harlot”
- Basement – “Promise Everything”
- The Black Keys – “Gold On The Ceiling”
- Bon Jovi – “Livin’ On A Prayer”
- DragonForce – “Through The Fire And Flames”
- Foo Fighters – “Everlong”
- Ghost – “Cirice”
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – “Bad Reputation”
- The Killers – “When You Were Young”
- Megadeth – “Hangar 18”
- Oasis – “Champagne Supernova”
- OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
- Paramore – “Ain’t It Fun”
- The Shelters – “Rebel Heart”
- Spirit Kid – “To My Romeo”
- Van Halen – “Panama”