Earlier this week we broke the news that HTC was planning to take their new headset, the HTC Vive, on tour. At the time we learned three dates, and were told there were more planned. Today we learned eight more dates, including some outside of the United States.
Check out the full list of dates below:
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival [Invite Only], Louisville, KY, USA
- July 21-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-28, specific location TBD, Kansas City, KS, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, specific location TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, specific location TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France
For the tour, HTC is bussing in three demo stations to each location – meaning that space will most definitely be limited. Demo slots are currently being handed out on a first come, first serve basis so those wishing a demo should try and arrive as early as possible to ensure a slot. Each of the slots will last 20 minutes, which is plenty of time to fully experience the Vive’s room scale capabilities.
HTC notes that dates and locations for these stops are subject to change so it is possible we will see this schedule adjusted. The list oddly enough seems to skip some major stops such as NYC and LA in the US as well as the entire UK on the European side – so we will see if there is anything else planned in the future.