Since the release of the first motion picture camera in the 1890s, humans have been using video to tell compelling stories. Film is an expression of the human imagination; it enables us to see the world from another perspective and escape from our own lives, and 360-degree video and virtual reality are the newest mediums for telling immersive, emotional stories.
Whenever another medium arises, a unique opportunity presents itself to set a new paradigm and influence the next generation of storytellers. In this 2-day workshop presented in both Los Angeles and San Francisco, you will learn the basics of 360 filmmaking and create a short 360-degree video. You will go through the full production process from pre-production to distribution, learning techniques and evolving best practices. Upon completion, you will have a foundation of skills and knowledge to begin your journey as a 360-degree filmmaker.
- 2 days of intensive skills training
- Samsung 360 cameras and GearVRs provided
- Access to work with instructors one-on-one
- One day pass to Upload SF or Upload LA
- Healthy lunch & refreshments
Some Of The Skills You’ll Learn
- 360-degree storytelling
- How to create a production plan
- How to shoot a 360-degree video
- How to edit a 360-degree video