Minecraft has made the leap from Rift and Gear VR headsets to the Windows Store, with a beta version of the game now available for headsets from Acer, HP, Lenovo and others running on Microsoft’s Windows Mixed Reality platform.
I was able to get into the beta from the Windows 10 version of the game by following these steps:
- Go to the Store app on Xbox One or a Windows 10 PC.
- Search for the Xbox Insider Hub app.
- Download and install Xbox Insider Hub.
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Navigate to Insider content > Minecraft Beta.
- Select Join.
After the update installed, the flat Minecraft icon in the Windows cliff house changed into a a 3D one and I was able to immediately enter VR. All the features appear to be there from the versions on Gear VR and Rift, including both an immersive first-person mode and a mode that shows the game playing on a big TV.
Tagged with: windows