- BBC news reports, Magic Leap partners with Gravity VFX studio, Framestore to create an experience for the Manchester International Festival, will likely be the first public appearance by the product.
- Specta7 Microsystems rumored to have received a 500,000 unit order from Oculus for their chipset technology, hints at what could be the final resolution for the CV1.
- Mark Farid announces he plans to spend a month in VR living someone elses life, launches Kickstarter to help cover costs of the social/art experiment.
- Innervision Games, lead by Tony Davison one of the creators behind Riven, launches its Kickstarter for Ethereon, a VR puzzle adventure in the vein of games like Myst.
- Sixense shows off the responsiveness of the STEM system with an impressive ping pong demo.
- VRFocus reports, EA has been ‘experimenting’ with VR and that they plan to create AAA titles ‘if the platform takes off.’
- Take Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick says the studio behind GTA V will be ‘first in line’ to produce VR content if that is what consumers demand.
- Highly anticipated VR game, Elite: Dangerous launches its beta.
- Paul McCartney and Jaunt VR release 360-degree video recording of “Live and Let Die” live at Candlestick Park in SF.