Starting off the month of May in a big way, the Vision VR/AR Summit will have a schedule filled to the brim with great content and networking opportunities for all creatives and enthusiasts with their eyes on virtual and augmented technology.
Artists, engineers, programmers, designers, musicians, directors, producers, hardware manufacturers and researchers alike will all find something of interest. The confirmed keynote speakers include Baobab studio’s Maureen Fan, Facebook’s Head of Social VR Rachel Franklin, Jay Wright of Vuforia, and Unity’s CEO John Riccitiello, and we’ve put together a list highlighting some of the notable events taking place May 1-2.
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM | Vision Summit 2017 Opening Keynote
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM | Social Impact and VR
- 3:30 PM – 4:15 PM | Big AR Talk: Three Innovators Discuss Unlocking AR’s Potential
- 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM | How to Get the Most Out of Mobile VR in Unity
- 10:45 AM – 11:15 AM | Docs and Devs: Combining Expertise to Improve Life-Saving Medical Training With VR
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM | Sex, Violence & Propaganda: Ethical Conundrums in VR
- 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM | Get Ready: The Money Is Coming – Everything You Need to Prepare and Get Excited for Advertising in VR
- 4:15 PM – 4:45 PM | Unity for Architects, Engineers, and Construction (AEC)
After the keynote on May 1, the winners of the Vision VR/AR Awards will be announced. If you wish to attend the summit, attendee registration is still available with passes ranging from $190 (educator/student) to $500 (standard). Unity also sent us some free passes we’ll be giving away on Twitter — just tweet out your interest in attending with the hashtag #vision17 and tag @UploadVR for a chance to win one of them.
Also, be sure to bookmark our living 2017 VR Conference and Expo schedule and plan out the rest of your year.