The top VR stories this week include: Magic Leap’s major team cuts, Half-Life: Alyx’s mods now rolling out, VR Ears absolutely smashing its goals in its Kickstarter & plenty of great releases! Let’s get on with this week’s VRecap.
The news of Magic Leap laying off its employees shook the industry, with the company blaming COVID-19 for its need for downsizing and shift in focus to business.
It’s what we’ve all been waiting for – Half-Life: Alyx has finally got some great mods, including a where you pose as Gordon Freeman and clobber G-man with a crowbar. Now that’s what we’re talking about.
Following the incredibly popular rise of VR Power, Rebuff Reality is hell-bent on making your VR headset as luxury as possible with the introduction of VR Ears. It utterly smashed its Kickstarter campaign, doubling their goal within the first day.
Speaking of Pixel Ripped, you have a chance to win a free copy of the game for your Quest or Rift! Enter using the Gleam below. Best of luck!
Those weren’t the only top stories of the week. Check out our other articles that couldn’t make it into the VRecap:
- You Can Now Set Up Oculus Quest’s Guardian With Controller-Free Hand Tracking
- Oculus Firmware Reveals New Touch Controllers, Referencing Improvements To Tracking, Finger Sensing, Haptics
- Oculus Quest Store 2020 Stats: 170+ Apps And Strong Cross-Buy Support
- Should You Buy A PSVR In 2020?
- Sun Shard Developer Showcases Impressive Oculus Quest Physics In Zombie VR Game
- New Space Station Home Environment Now Available For Oculus Quest