After Sony slashed the price of the PSVR by a whole $100, they’ve now gone ahead and permanently dropped the price of some of the platform’s very best games, including WipEout Omege Collection, Driveclub VR, PSVR Worlds, and several others.
All of these and other signs seem to be pointing towards a major update for PSVR’s ecosystem could be coming soon. While the PS5 may be a ways away, that doesn’t mean a PSVR 2.0 or at least an updated set of controllers and tracking system couldn’t serve as an interim upgrade.
Here’s the full list of permanent price drops:
- Driveclub VR – $14.99 – 25% Discounted (Our Review)
- Gran Turismo Sport – $39.99 – 33% Discounted (Our Impressions)
- Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition – $49.99 – 38% Discounted
- The Inpatient – $19.99 – 50% Discounted (Our Review)
- PlayStation VR Worlds – $14.99 – 25% Discounted (Our Review)
- Rigs Mechanized Combat League – $19.99 – 33% Discounted (Our Review)
- StarBlood Arena – $14.99 – 25% Discounted (Our Review)
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood – $14.99 – 25% Discounted (Our Review)
- Wipeout Omega Collection – $19.99 – 50% Discounted (Our Review)
Now is as good of a time as any to grab any of these that you haven’t yet. Worth noting however is that Rigs, despite being a great game that we immensely enjoyed at launch, relies heavily on its multiplayer features and the creators of the game have been closed down so don’t expect much support. StarBlood Arena however, a much newer multiplayer-focused shooter, should see a decent influx of players with its new, low price. The same goes for Driveclub VR and WipEout.
Let us know what you think of this news down in the comments below!