We’re looking for an adept writer, critic and reporter to join our ranks at UploadVR. The ideal candidate is someone who follows the VR and AR industries, has a solid writing background, has strong technical knowledge and who can appear comfortably on camera.
This position will be remote working mainly from home, but should be within short driving distance to either our San Francisco or Marina del Rey, CA offices for product demos and video shoots.
What does an UploadVR editor do?
- Feels equally comfortable covering industry news, giving their opinion on camera, critiquing products and writing about VR hardware, games and apps.
- Plans, pitches, creates and promotes relevant content across multiple channels.
- Edits pieces for grammar, spelling and flow.
- Has deep knowledge of the VR/AR industry and trends.
- Represents UploadVR at events and demos.
- Coordinates and communicates both internally and externally through a variety of means including Slack, Trello and email.
- Maintains a database of contacts within the industry.
- Interacts with UploadVR fans and readers on various platforms.
- Works on deadline and can commit to daily content creation.
- Experience with online blog writing.
- Knowledge of best journalistic practices.
- Camera experience a plus.
- Ability to work with others, both internally and externally.
- Likeable, fun personality with a sense of humor. You can laugh with others as well as at yourself.
- Familiar with and extremely passionate about virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send an email to [email protected] with Editor in the subject line along with your resume and a note telling us why you’re a match for the role.